* 4 duck fillets
* 14 oz. potatoes
* 2 or 3 apples
* 5 or 6 cloves of garlic
* A bunch of parsley
* 4 oz. St Agur cheese
* 5 oz. creme fraiche
* Salt and pepper
* Slice in the duck fillets on the skin side, on every 1/2 inch over its entire length.
* On the flesh side, pierce them with cloves of garlic. Add salt and pepper.
* Tie the breasts up 2 by 2, flesh against flesh with cooking string.
* Place them in a cast-iron casserole dish, and bake in the oven
at 400 °F for 20 minutes. At half-way of cooking, return the fillets, remove the fat and sprinkle with half a glass of warm salted water.
* Start to cook the potatoes, which have been cut into cubes, in the duck’s fat at high heat until they are soft (approximately 30 minutes). Add salt, pepper, and finely chopped parsley.
* Cut the apples into quarters and glaze them in butter until they are soft (approximately 15 minutes).
* Remove the string from the duck fillet and serve with the potatoes and apples.