* 2 Tbsp. rice wine or white wine vinegar
* 2 tsp. sugar
* 1 tsp. dry mustard
* 8 oz. Roquefort, crumbled (about 2 cups), divided
* 1 small clove garlic, crushed
* 7 oz. Alouette® Créme Fraîche (about 1 cup)
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 4 slices thick-cut bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/2" pieces
* 4 large romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
* In a medium bowl, stir together vinegar, sugar and mustard until dissolved. Add 1/2 cup Roquefort, mashing and blending into mixture until almost smooth.
* Stir in garlic, crème fraîche and mayonnaise until well blended, then stir in remaining cup Roquefort.
* In a medium skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove and drain. Spoon dressing over romaine hearts, then top with bacon and remaining 1/2 cup Roquefort.
* For a thinner dressing, omit the mayonnaise. For an herbed dressing, add 2 Tbsp. finely chopped chives or 1 tsp. finely chopped tarragon.
* You can make the dressing ahead and refrigerate it for up to three days.
* Cook the bacon when ready to serve, or reheat in the microwave just before serving.