* 1 - 3 endives
* depending on size: 1 c. butter
1 c. fresh cream or Quark cheese
* 10 - 12 oz. Cantorel Bleu d'Auvergne
* 1 lemon
* 1 tsp. walnut oil
* 1 tsp. vinegar
* 1 red beet
* several sprigs of chervil
* 1 small bunch of chives
* Walnuts and raisins to decorate
* Prepare the endives by cutting off the base. (Try to keep the leaves intact). Wash and pat dry.
* Mix the butter and Bleu d'Auvergne into a paste. Add the Quark cheese or fresh cream and a drop of lemon juice. Gently stir to blend.
* Add the chopped chives.
* Fill the endive leaves with cheese mixture and garnish with a sprig of chervil.
* Decorate with nuts and raisins.
* Mix the peeled, sliced beet with a little bit of water. Emulsify with walnut oil and a bit of vinegar. Season to taste.