* 4 unbaked pie shells
* 4-5 inches in diameter
* 4 very ripe pears
* 8 oz. Cantorel Bleu d'Auvergne
* Bake the empty pie shells between two plates so that bubbles do not form.
* Grate the Bleu d'Auvergne into fine shavings of cheese. Spread the cheese evenly over each pie shell.
* Cut the pears into very thin slices and arrange in a rosette.
* Bake in a hot oven (400° F) for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve with a frisee salad and bacon as an appetizer or as part of the cheese service.
Serve this dish with a Coteaux du Layon Blanc (a semi-dry white wine from the Anjou region).