* 4 veal cutlets (1 lb.)
* ground black pepper
* 8 thin slices ham (6 oz.)
* 1 1/4 cups Etorki cheese,
shredded (5 oz.)
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1/4 cup flour
* 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 2 Tbsp. butter
* Preheat oven to 200°F. Between sheets of waxed paper, pound each cutlet to 1/8" thick. Season both sides with pepper and salt.
* Place two folded ham slices on top of each cutlet, leaving 1/4" around the edges empty. Top each evenly with ¼ cup cheese. Brush exposed edges of veal with egg. Fold cutlets in half. Pound edges slightly to seal.
* Dust folded cutlet with flour. Dip in egg and coat with bread crumbs.
* In a large skillet, over medium heat, combine half the oil and half the butter, cooking until butter is melted and oil is hot. Cook two cutlets until golden brown, about 5 minutes, turning once during cooking time. Remove to small baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm.
* Add remaining oil and butter to skillet. Heat until butter melts and oil is hot. Cook remaining cutlets. Place on baking sheet. Top cutlets with remaining cheese. Bake 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.