* 8 egg yolks
* 1/2 c. icing sugar
* 1/2 c. unsweetened chestnut purée
* 3 - 4 oz. St. Nectaire
* 1/2 c. chestnut liqueur
* 1 quart fresh cream
* Brown sugar
* Prepare the night before so that there is enough time to completely cool.
* Blend the egg yolks, sugar, chestnut purée, chestnut liqueur and cream in that order.
* Bake in custard cups at 210° F for 1 1/2 hr. (do not exceed 210° F)
* Just before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and quickly pass under broiler (or melt the brown sugar with a blowtorch).