* 8 oz. wedge of St André cheese, well chilled
* 1/4 cup. fresh strawberries, finely chopped
* 1 cup. premium quality milk or dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup. heavy cream
* shortbread cookies, sliced strawberries and/or chocolate coulis for garnish
* Slice very cold St. André cheese into three equal horizontal slices.
* On work surface, place bottom slice of St André cheese, cover with 1/3 of the chopped strawberries. Repeat with second and third slices of cheese. Transfer to a wire rack placed on a baking sheet, and place in refrigerator.
* Place chocolate in a small stainless steel bowl. Heat heavy cream to simmer and then pour over the chocolate. Stir with whisk until smooth.
* Remove the cheese from the refrigerator, slice into six equal wedges, and place each wedge on an individual serving plate.
* Keeping the chocolate sauce warm by placing it in a bowl over a pot of simmering water, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate around the base of each plate to create a "pool" for the St. André.