Preparation time: 20 minutes + 10 min. to bake
* 1 roll of puff pastry
* 3-4 Tbsp. Calvados
* Salt and pepper
* 1 small wheel of Pié D’Angloys cheese
* 2 Golden Delicious or Limousin apples
* 2 tsp. butter
* 1 egg
* Cut the Pié d’Angloys in 4 portions and refrigerate. Cut the apples into quarters and sauté in a pan until golden. Remove from the stove, and flambé the apples in the Calvados. Season with pepper. Distribute the apple quarters on a plate and refrigerate.
* Cut the puff pastry into four equal squares. Put a few pieces of apple and a piece of cheese into the center of each square., then top again with a few more apples. Close the squares by joining the corners. Place them on a baking sheet with the closed side down.
* In a bowl, beat the egg with a pinch of salt. Use a pastry brush to spread the egg onto the mini-pastries. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Serve warm.