* 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
* 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
* 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
* 2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
* 1 Tbsp. cumin powder, plus extra for garnish
* 3/4 tsp. sugar
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
* 3/4 cup olive oil
* 4 cups watercress leaves, rinsed and dried
* 6 oz. St. Albray cheese, rind removed and sliced into 4 wedges
* In a small skillet, melt the butter over high heat. When bubbling, add brown sugar. Stir until combined. Add walnuts. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly until nuts are browned and coated. Carefully pour nuts and sugar into a brown paper bag. Close and shake to cool and separate the nuts. Set aside.
* In a blender, combine the vinegar, shallots, cumin, sugar, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Through the hole in the blender lid, while blending the mixture, slowly add the oil in a thin stream. Blend until emulsified.
* Place 1 cup each of watercress onto 4 individual salad plates. Drizzle 1 tablespoon vinaigrette over each salad, more to taste. Top with St. Albray cheese that has been lightly sprinkled with cumin powder. Top each salad with 1 tablespoon nuts.