French bread, cheese and fruit go together like a fork, knife and spoon!
* 1/2 cup almond paste
* 2 eggs
* 2 Tbsp. sugar
* 6 slices country style bread (1/2" thick)
* One 12 oz. chilled Suprême Cheese, sliced 1/4" thick
* 3 apricots, thinly sliced
* 1 pint strawberries, thinly sliced
* 6 Tsp. orange or wildflower honey sliced almonds for garnish
* Preheat oven to 425˚F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
* In a medium bowl with electric mix, beat almond paste, eggs and sugar until smooth. Spread onto one side of each slice of bread all the way to the edges. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
* Alternately arrange apricots and strawberries and place cheese on top; drizzle with honey, garnish with a few almond flakes. Bake 2 minutes or until cheese is softened.
The almond coated bread can be made ahead, but should be reheated in the oven for few minutes before topping with cheese and fruit. Use three very large croissants, halved horizontally, in place of bread...delicious for dessert or breakfast!