Home Recipes from our Members
* 1 onion, chopped or sliced
* 2 cloves garlic, pressed
* 3 T. olive oil
* 1 T. cumin
* 1-2 t. oregano
* spring of fresh rosemary
* dash of hot pepper flakes
* 1 T. chili powder
* 1 cup plum tomatoes with juice, diced
* 3 T. ( or more) roasted red peppers, diced or 1/2 a red bell pepper, diced
* 1 cup chicken, vegetable, or beef stock
* 2 cans ( 15.5 oz) drained black beans
* water if needed at the end
* 2 t. basil
* a few slices fresh, mild, goat cheese ( I used Ile de France)
In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Stir and cover for five or ten minutes. Uncover and add the cumin, chili powder, rosemary, and oregano and red pepper flakes.
Add the plum tomatoes and stock, stir, and simmer for about 15 minutes. Add the black beans and red pepper, and more water or stock if needed. Add the basil and cook another ten minutes.
Taste carefully and add more seasonings if needed.Serve hot with a slice or two of goat cheese and a tablespoon of diced or sliced red peppers .Hope you like it!