Home Recipes from our Members
* 8 slices of bread (I used Hawaiian Bread)
* 4 tbsp strawberry jam
* 7.7 oz (1 package) Ile de France camembert cheese
* 6 large eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 2 tbsp butter
* Spread one side of each piece of bread with strawberry jam.
* Layer slices of camembert cheese on top of the jam on four of the slices of bread, then cover with the other four slices of bread to make four sandwiches, jam side in.
* Whisk the eggs, milk, and vanilla together.
* Dip the camembert sandwiches in the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
* Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a frying pan, then place two of the sandwiches in the frying pan.
* Let cook until the bottom has browned, then flip and cook the other side.
* Remove to a plate and cover with a clean towel to keep warm.
* Melt the other 1 tbsp of butter in the pan, then repeat with the other two sandwiches.
* Top with maple syrup or chopped strawberries mixed with sugar.