Home Recipes from our Members
* 4 oz. plain goat cheese, room temperature
* 2 Tbl. honey
* ¼ tsp. nutmeg
* 1 tsp. lemon zest
* 2 Tbl. lemon juice
* 1 pear, peeled and chopped to size of peas
* 6 oz blackberries, fresh
* 2 packages of Phyllo dough cups, about 30
* Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
* Cream the goat cheese, honey, nutmeg, zest, juice, and pear in a small mixing bowl until well combined.
* Spoon a single tablespoon sized amount of the mixture into each Phyllo cup.
* Place one blackberry in the center of each filled cup.
* Place the filled cups on a baking sheet.
* Bake at 350˚F for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly bubbly and the berries are just about to burst.
* The pears will still be slightly crunchy for texture.
My original recipe actually used the flat sheets of Phyllo to make mini turnovers. I’ve also made them using puff pastry. I found the prebaked Phyllo cups are the best. Each filled cup is a perfect two bite appetizer that is easy on the eyes. Goat Cheese, Blackberry and Pear Bites.