Home Recipes from our Members
* 1 quart fresh strawberries-washed and hulled
* 1 /4 cup fresh mint leaves
* 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
* 1 /4 cup white wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 /4 teaspoon salt
* dash freshly ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 7 ounce package Spring mix greens
* 4 ounces fresh Ile de France Goat cheese
To make the Mojito Vinaigrette:
* Combine in a small blender 4 sliced strawberries, the mint leaves, lime juice, sugar, vinegar , olive oil, salt, pepper and water. Taste.
* Add another strawberry or two if added sweetness is desired.
* Divide the spring mix greens onto 4 plates.
* Slice the berries and fan out over the greens.
* Divide the Goat cheese into four portions and dollop onto the greens.
* Serve with the Mojito Vinaigrette for an unusual side salad to summer grilling fare or a light lunch with crusty bread.
This salad pairs the luscious creamy goat cheese with a fresh salad featuring strawberries in both the dressing and the salad. Mint livens it up as a wonderful spring option for a side salad!