Home Recipes from our Members
* 1 package Ile de France Brie Cheese, trimmed and cubed
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* dash fleur de sel
* 1/3 cup chopped pecans
* 2 teaspoons dried cherries
* Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
* Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
* Add chunks of brie and stir until melted and blended.
* Stir in brown sugar and fleur de sel, gradually adding pecans and cherries.
* Place in a small ramekin and bake for 20-30 minutes.
* Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
* The result is a slightly sweet cheesy spread for crackers with the merest hint of salt.
* I tried it with Triscuits and French bread, and preferred the crackers, although my husband thought a less salty cracker would be best.
* Recipe can easily be doubled.