Home Recipes from our Members
* head of frisee or mixed lettuces
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
* 1 tsp honey
* duck confit (2 cooked duck legs, preserved in duck fat)
* 1 ripe Anjou pear, sliced thin
* toasted walnuts (optional)
* 1/2 a baguette, sliced 1.5″ thick
* olive oil
* a few slices of goat cheese (chevre) from a log
* First make your dressing.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
I used duck confit already prepared.
All I had to do was cook the legs in a skillet on low heat for 6 minutes on each side in some duck fat (use splatter screen, it makes a mess!).
Transfer to paper towels to blot.
* For your goat cheese toasts:
Cut your baguette into slices and place in a bowl.
Toss liberally with olive oil, coating both sides & soaking up the olive oil.
Toast on a cookie sheet in a 400 degree oven, about 5 minutes, keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Turn your toasts over, and lay a round of sliced goat cheese on top of each bread slice & sprinkle with black pepper.
* Place back in the oven and toast with the cheese for another 5 minutes.
Arrange your salad, duck legs and pear slices.
Pour dressing over salad and top with goat cheese toasts. This was a treat!