Home Recipes from our Members
* Bread dough, divided into two portions (I used half the yield from this dough recipe)
* 16 ounces poached chicken breasts (about 3 medium sized breasts), cut or torn into chunks
* 4 ounces turkey ham, diced
* 8 ounces caramelized onions (from about two large onions)
* 1 wheel Ile de France Camembert (7.7 ounces), sliced into pieces
* Egg wash (optional)
* 1 ounce shredded smoked Swiss cheese (optional)
* On a floured cutting board, roll out one bread dough portion into a 9×12 rectangle about one centimeter thick.
Layer half the cheese slices down the middle, and then layer half the chicken, half the turkey ham, and half the caramelized onions on top.
Lift the sides of the bread dough up to close over the filling and press the ends together to seal—there shouldn’t be any holes in the dough.
* Transfer to a greased baking sheet, flipping the loaf so that it rests seam-side down on the sheet.
Repeat with other bread dough portion and remaining ingredients.
Let assembled loaves rest for ten or fifteen minutes. Brush loaves with egg wash and/or sprinkle with shredded cheese, and bake in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.