Home Recipes from our Members
* 4 thick slices of bacon, cut into a few pieces each
* 4 slices day-old sourdough bread
* 4ish thin slices of brie
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup milk or half and half
* 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
* leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme
* freshly ground pepper
* Preheat your waffle iron or griddle.
* Cook and drain the bacon and for extra deliciousness/fattiness, reserve a little bit of the fat to brush onto the waffle iron.
* Make two sandwiches with the sourdough bread, using the bacon and the brie.
* In a baking dish, whisk together the eggs, milk, parmesan, thyme and pepper.
* Place the sandwiches into the dish and let them soak for a minute or two.
* Flip and let them soak another couple minutes.
* Grease the waffle iron or griddle with a little oil, butter, or bacon grease.
* Place the sandwiches on the iron, close, and cook until golden brown (or, if using a griddle, just cook for a couple minutes per side, or until golden).