Home Recipes from our Members
* 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin olive oil
* 3 pounds vine ripened fresh tomatoes
* 1 onion diced
* 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
* 1 red pepper, diced
* 4 Cups vegetable broth
* 2 Cups heavy cream
* 1 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* Fresh Thyme or rosemary for garnishes
For goat cheese fondue:
* 1 10.5 Ounce log of Ile de France La buchette fresh goat cheese
* 2 Cups Cream or Half+half
* Salt and pepper for seasoning
Tomatoes can be smoked on a bbq using wood chips that have been soaked in water. Layer the chips in an aluminum pan and place onto hot coals. After the water has evaporated they will start to smoke slowly. Core the tomatoes and place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet on the rack of the bbq and let smoke for 20-30 minutes.
Saute onions and garlic in olive oil, until soft, over medium-heat in a 3-quart pot. Add the tomatoes and vegetable stock. Let simmer for 10 minutes. In batches, puree soup in blender until smooth and strain. Place soup back into pot and add the heavy cream, bring to a full boil and season with salt and pepper.
For the fondue: Place cream or ½+½ in medium soup pot, bring to a simmer and add goat cheese. Stir mixture until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into warm bowls and spoon a small amount of fondue into the middle. Garnish with fresh picked thyme.