Home Recipes from our Members
* Ile De France Goat Cheese (Original recipe: La Buchette),
4 oz, crumbled
* 1 cup chopped tomatoes
* 1 1/2 cups chick pea flour
* 1 1/2 cups cornmeal
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp black pepper
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
* 2 tbsp chopped onion
* 1 cup olive oil
* Mix chick pea flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper and baking soda in a medium bowl.
* Add buttermilk and eggs until thoroughly mixed with dry ingredients.
* Toss in chopped onions, tomatoes and goat cheese.
* Roll the batter into two inch balls, then flatten.
* Add olive oil to frying pan and set on medium high heat.
* After oil has heated up, place the goat cheese-chick pea rounds into the pan.
* Deep fry for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes until golden brown on each side.
* Watch carefully, as these cook quickly.
* Once the rounds are cooked, place them on a plate covered with a paper towel.
* Allow to cool one or two minutes before serving.