A new delicious twist on French Toast with Beaufort Cheese and ham.
* 7 oz of Beaufort Cheese (diced)
* 10 to 12 slices of stale, day old bread
* 1/4 lb of ham (sliced in very tiny pieces like "matchsticks")
* 3 1/4 Cups of milk
* 4 eggs
* 3 1/2 Tbs of melted butter
* 2 Tbs Creme Fraiche
* 1 tsp of nutmeg
* 1 tsp of salt
* Preheat Oven to 400˚F
* Whisk the eggs in a large shallow bowl with Creme Fraiche, melted butter, salt and nutmeg.
* Heat milk in a pan, then add it to the rest of the mixture. Blend all together.
* If you don't have stale bread, toast the bread slightly. Place each slice of bread in the mixture and let soak for a couple seconds on each side. Lay each slice of bread on a baking pan. Layer each slice of soaked bread with ham. On top of the ham, cover the ham with diced Beaufort cheese.
* Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese melted.