Home Recipes from our Members
* 1 lb fresh asparagus
* 3 large eggs
* 1/4 cup water (broth left after steaming asparagus)
* 2/3 cup all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 2 large egg whites
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3 tablespoons crumbled Ile de France Fresh Goat Cheese
* 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
* Rinse asparagus, break off any tough, white bottoms and discard. Put 1” water in large pan with lid, bring to a boil. Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly to a simmer. Boil the asparagus for exactly 5 minutes. Drain water but reserve ¼ cup cooking liquid/broth, cool.
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Trim the tops of 12 spears and reserve for garnish. Puree enough asparagus bottoms to make 1 cup. Place the asparagus puree, eggs, and ¼ cup broth in a blender and blend until creamy.
* Pour into a mixing bowl, add the flour, salt, and pepper, and combine. Whip the egg whites in a separate bowl until they hold stiff peaks. Gently fold into the asparagus mixture.
* Heat griddle and add oil. Drop batter by large serving spoon onto griddle. When the edges begin to brown, turn the pancakes over and cook until lightly golden, about 2 minutes more. Place the pancakes on baking sheet.
* Combine the goat cheese and sour cream in a small mixing bowl. Top each pancake with a large dollop of the goat cheese mixture and top with the asparagus tops. Place in the oven until the cheese just begins to melt, 2-5 minutes.