Home Recipes from our Members
* 12 oz. Bread Flour
* 1 packet Rapid Rise Yeast
* 8 oz. Chantrelle mushrooms, sliced
* 8 oz. Ile de France Brie, chilled and sliced with rind in place
* 2-3 tablespoons Olive Oil
* 2 tablespoons Butter, unsalted
* A pinch of salt
* 1-2 tablespoons Herbs de Provençe
* Dissolve the yeast in a few spoonfuls of warm water; add 3 tablespoons of flour; mix well to form a soft smooth paste. Form the starter into a ball, cover with a cloth and let rise in a warm draft-free place for 30 minutes.
* Put the rest of the flour on a work surface and form a well in the center. Add the yeast starter, salt, oil and enough water to make a workable dough. Form into a ball, place in a bowl, cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
* Gently roll the dough into a rectangle to fit a baking sheet rubbed with olive oil. With a sharp knife slash the bread in a traditional 6′ wide herringbone pattern down the center. With your fingers, form a rounded border all around the bread.
* Sprinkle the surface of the bread evenly with the Herbs de Provençe. Dot the bread with the cheese and mushroom slices. Bake in a preheated 450° F oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and delicious. Rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.