Home Recipes from our Members
* 1/2 rotisserie chicken - roughly chopped
* 1 cup of light mayo
* 2 tbsp. champagne vinegar
* 5 stalks of celery - finely chopped
* 1/2 onion - finely chopped
* 3 tbsp. creole mustard
* 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
* 1 cup of dried cranberries
* 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
* apricot jam
* sour dough bread - sliced or another hearty bread of your choice
* Ile de France brie - sliced thinly
* salt,pepper, and sugar
* Combine celery, onion, chicken, dried cranberries, and pecans in a bowl. Then mix in the vinegar, mayo. lemon juice, and mustard. Taste for salt, pepper, and sugar - add according to taste preferences.
* Pre-heat oven on a low broil. Take slices of sourdough bread and butter each side - place under broil to toast. Take it out the bread and spread on the apricot jam on the non-buttered side. Then scoop on the chicken salad and apply brie on top. Place the open faced sandwich under the broiler and allow cheese to melt. Once cheese is melted - enjoy.
Of course you could enjoy this as a normal sandwich or even better - if you own one - use a panini press - that would work fabulously!