Home Recipes from our Members
* 4 oz. pancetta, diced
* 1/4 cup chopped Shallots
* 1 clove minced garlic
* 1 pound fresh Jumbo Lump blue Crab Meat
* 3/4 cup (good quality) French Chardonnay
* 10.5 oz. Ile de France Original Goat Cheese, crumbled
* 1 cup grated Asiago Cheese (divided into 3/4 cup and 1/4 cup)
* 2 TBLS Herbs of Provence
* 1/4 tsp Celery Salt
* 1/2 tsp or so Fresh Ground Pepper
* 1 TBLS fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
* 1 or 2 loaves French Bread, cut into wedges for dipping
* Cook the pancetta in a skillet with butter or oil until lightly browed. Add the shallots and garlic for the last few minutes and cook until just translucent. Drain and set aside.
* Gently pick through and clean the crab meat, and set aside.
* In a large nonstick stockpot, combine the chardonnay, Ile de France Goat Cheese, and 3/4 cup of the Asiago Cheese over medium low heat. Heat and stir until the cheese has melted, and all ingredients are well incorporated.
* Add the pancetta, Herbs of Provence, shallots, garlic, celery salt and fresh ground pepper and stir and simmer on low for a few minutes longer. Remove from heat and gently stir in the crab meat and the lemon juice.
* Pour into an over proof serving dish, top with the remaining 1/4 asiago cheese and a bit of freshly ground pepper, and place under the broiler until it begins to brown and bubble. Remove immediately and serve with the French bread wedges for dipping.