Home Recipes from our Members
* 4 ruby beets
* 4 golden yellow beets
* 1/2 red onion or 3 shallots, minced
* 1/4 c sherry vinegar
* 1/4 c olive oil, plus extra for dressing greens arugula for garnish
* 1 cup Ile de France goat cheese
* 1/2 cup candied pecans (recipe follows)
* salt and pepper to taste
* Peel beets and slice in 1/4 ‘ slices. season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
* Wrap the two colored beets in separate in foil packets
* Roast in 400 degree oven 15-20 minutes until slightly al dente, remove and let cool.
* Rough chop the cooled beets and pulse in food processor until finely minced like “tartar”
* Fold in the chopped shallots to the two separate chopped beets, then add remaining olive oil and sherry vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
* To assemble take a metal ring mold or metal can (like tuna fish with both ends cut out) and fill halfway with red beet mixture, then a few crumbles of goat cheese.
* Top with golden beet mixture and a few more crumbles of goat cheese. Repeat three more times for four portions.
* To serve unmold on a plate with dressed argula greens and candied pecans.
Try to use gloves when handling red beets as they can be very messy!