Home Recipes from our Members
Balsamic herb reduction:
* 1 cup balsamic vinegar
* 1 sprig fresh rosemary
* 1 sprig fresh thyme
* 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
* 16 medium cremini mushrooms, stems removed
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* ¼ pound smoked salmon filet
* 2 to 4-ounce rolls Ile de France goat cheese
* 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
* ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh chives
* Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Bring ingredients for balsamic reduction to a boil in small saucepan.
Reduce to a low boil until it resembles a thick syrup (about 20 minutes).
* Meanwhile, place the mushroom tops on a baking sheet (top side up). Brush with olive oil and cook for 10 minutes, or until tender. Cool completely.
* Place mousse ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth.
* Pipe filling into mushroom tops using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Drizzle each plate with syrup, top with two mushrooms and sprinkle with sliced chives.
I used a shrink wrapped smoked Atlantic filet from my supermarket’s seafood department. Do not use the thinly sliced (lox style) smoked salmon.