Home Recipes from our Members
* 2 eggs, separated
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp. paprika
* 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1/2 pound (2 cups) Gouda cheese, coarsely shredded 1/4 pound (1 cup) Asiago cheese, finely shredded with 4 Oz. Ile de france Camembert cheese (pre-melted)
* 2 shallots, finely chopped
* 2 cups vegetable oil
* Place egg yolks in small bowl and whisk until light colored.
* Whisk in milk. Stir in flour all at once and mix until smooth.
* Add paprika, nutmeg, salt, pepper, cheeses, (Camenbert is the enhancing cheese bringing a rare rich, nutty mushroom flavor that simply sets off the overall treat), and shallots. Mix well.
* Beat egg whites in a large bowl until stiff, but not dry. Fold into flour mixture, stirring just until thoroughly mixed.
* Heat oil in 6-quart saucepan. When oil is hot, but not smoking (about 350 degrees) drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil and cook 45 to 60 seconds or until fritters are golden brown.
* Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
* Keep fritters warm in 250-degree oven while you cook remaining batter. Makes 4-6 servings. Eat em’ til your heart’s content! Yummy, yummy for your cheese lovin tummy!!