Slow-Cooker Turkey in Creamy Brie Tarragon Sauce
Coupled with a glass of oaky Chardonnay, this delicious dish will warm you from the inside out
At a glance
* 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless turkey breast cutlets, cut into 1" chunks
* 12 oz. cremini mushrooms, quartered
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 3/4 cup chopped celery
* 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
* 2 tsp. dried tarragon
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 3/4 oz. can gourmet condensed cream of mushroom soup (we used Amy's®)
* 1 14 oz. can low sodium chicken broth
* 12 oz. Ile de France® Brie, rind removed, cut into 1/2" cubes (1 cup)
* 12 frozen, ready to bake puff pastry shells
* 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
* 1/4 cup cold water salt and freshly ground black pepper
* Before you go out: Place first nine ingredients into slow cooker (turkey through broth). Stir to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or on LOW for 8 hours.
* When you get home: Preheat the oven for the puff pastry according to package directions. Add the Brie to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and continue cooking on HIGH, for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, bake the puff pastry shells according to package directions. Mix the cornstarch and cold water together, stir into slow cooker mixture and continue to cook on HIGH, covered, for 10 more minutes, or until thickened and creamy.
* To serve: Ladle about 1/2 cup turkey into each puff pastry shell and season to taste with salt and pepper.