Ham Pinwheels with Brie, Herbs and Nuts by Kathy Gunst
This recipe may be simple to prepare, but
the results are anything but! The entire dish takes about 10 minutes to
prepare and is as tasty as it is impressive-looking. The pinwheels can
be made up to an hour before serving.
At a glance
1 1/2 oz. Brazil nuts, walnuts, pine nuts, pistachios, or almonds
6 oz. Brie, such as Ile de France. at room temperature *
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
4 oz. cooked ham, sliced a little less than 1/4-inch thick **
* Goat cheese can also be used
** A good quality deli ham, Black Forest ham or smoked ham is recommended
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the nuts on a cookie sheet and toast for about 7 minutes, or until you can smell their fragrance. Chop the nuts finely.
* Mix together in a bowl the Brie, the herbs and the spices, and finally the nuts. (Brie is easy to work with at room temperature.)
* Spread a good spoonful of the Brie filling onto a slice of ham, then roll it up .
* Cut into 1" thick slices.