Fig and Brie Appetizer Pizzas
This quick appetizer is a very elegant one with incredible flavors. The sweetness of the fig preserves blends incredibly with the smooth, creamy brie, and the crunchy walnuts add a nice texture to the underlying spiciness from the red-pepper and rosemary spiked oil.
At a glance
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
4 whole wheat pita bread rounds (6 to 7 inches)
3/4 cup fig preserves
6 ounces Ile De France Le Brie Cheese, chopped
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
* Blend together olive oil, chopped rosemary and ground red pepper; brush over the top side of the pita breads and place on a baking sheet.
* Divide fig preserves evenly among the pitas, spreading almost to the edges; sprinkle with Brie and walnuts, dividing equally.
* Place in preheated oven and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and fig preserves are heated through.
* Remove from oven; cut each pita into 4 squares and serve while warm.
* Makes about 8 appetizer servings.
* May be garnished with additional fresh rosemary, if desired.