* Prepare a medium-hot fire for direct heat grilling. Oil the grill rack.
* To prepare burgers:
In a large bowl, mix together ground round, shallots, herbes de provence, parsley, salt, pepper and 3 T. wine: form into six burgers and chill.
* When coals are gray, in a small saucepan mix together 1/3 C. wine and sliced garlic and heat over low heat to infuse wine.
* To prepare confit: Trim tops of leeks and split in half, lengthwise but leave root end intact.
* Rinse in cold water to remove any imbedded dirt. Dry with paper toweling.
* Brush tomatoes and leeks with 2 T. extra virgin olive oil.
* Lightly oil grill rack and grill tomatoes and leeks over gray coals until charred and soft.
* Let cool while grilling burgers. When cool, remove skin from tomatoes, core and chop.
* Remove root end of leeks and trim leeks keeping white and light green portions; slice leeks.
* Mix tomatoes and leeks with salt, black pepper, garlic, remaining 2 T. olive oil and tarragon and set aside.
* Lightly oil grill rack and grill burgers, about 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness, brushing with the garlic infused wine to which 1 t. of remaining olive oil has been added.
* While burgers are grilling, brush one side of bread slices with remaining olive oil and place on grill to toast.
* Shortly before burgers are done, place Brie onto burgers to melt.
* To assemble, place a burger on a slice of toasted bread along with a spoonful of tomato-leek confit and top with another slice of toasted bread. Repeat until all burgers are completed.