* 1 lb. thinly sliced chicken breasts
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 2 tbsp minced shallots
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1/2 cup chicken broth
* 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
* 4 oz Rambol® Gourmandise with Walnuts
(cut into 1" pieces, 1/2 cup)
* 2 medium ripe pears, halved lengthwise,
cores and cut into eights
* 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tbsp chopped toasted walnuts
* Preheat oven to 350° F. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Ina large skillet, brown both sides of chicken in hot oil. Place chicken into an ovenproof dish, then into the oven, to hold and complete cooking.
* Dispose of excess oil from the skillet. Lower heat to medium. Add shallots to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add wine, chicken broth and pepper. Bring to boil. Continue to boil, scraping bits from bottom of pan, until only 1/4 cup liquid remains. Remove from heat.
* Using a whisk, stir in cheese until thoroughly smooth. Add pears and parsley. Cover and bringt o boil, stirring occasionally to combine pear juices into the sauce Stir any natural juices from chicken into the cheese sauce. Cook until pears are tender. To serve, pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with walnuts.
Simple sides, like steamed or sautéed green beans and wild rice, round out this dish perfectly.