* 8 (4”) Portobello mushrooms with stems
* 2 tbsp. olive oil
* 1 medium red pepper, chopped
* 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
* 4 large scallions, thinly sliced
* 4 large garlic cloves, minced
* 1 cup chopped arugula
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
* 8 oz. Chaumes® Cheese, chilled & grated
* 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
* egg, slightly beaten
* Preheat oven to 400°F. Clean mushrooms. Remove stems and trim bottoms. Chop mushroom stems and set aside. Bake mushroom caps smooth side down on a nonstick sheet pan for 15 minutes. Cool. Pour liquid released from mushrooms into a cup and set aside.
* In a large skillet, cook and stir mushroom stems in hot oil until tender. Add peppers, scallions and garlic. Cook and stir 4 minutes. Add reserved mushroom liquid. Cook and stir until all liquid is evaporated. Add arugula, salt and pepper. Set aside and cool. Stir in cheese, breadcrumbs and egg. Spoon filling into mushrooms.
* Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until cooked through.