* 24 thin slices English cucumber
* 14 oz. Saint André Cheese, at room temperature
* 2 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
* 1/2 lb. cooked extra-large shrimp, cleaned, shelled tail-off
* 12 slices homestyle
* white bread
* Drain cucumbers on paper towels and pat dry.
* Remove rind from the cheese. In a small bowl, mix cheese with dill until thoroughly combined.
* Cut shrimp in half lengthwise.
* Spread cheese mixture onto one side of each slice of bread. Top 6 slices of bread each with 4 cucumber slices and 6 or 7 shrimp halves. Top with other slice of bread, cheese side down.
* Trim off crust. Cut each sandwich into 4 pieces. Garnish with cucumber and dill if desired. Makes 24 pieces.
Making tea sandwiches is much easier when the bread is firm, because it facilitates a much cleaner cut for the small, finger-size quarters. To help firm the bread, you can freeze it for about 10-15 minutes before preparing the sandwiches. If you're making the sandwiches ahead, store them in an airtight container, between sheets of wax or parchment paper, in the refrigerator for up to several hours.