* 3-4 oz. Fourme d'Ambert
* 1/2 cup sweet butter
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup flour
* 2 tsp. Baking powder
* 1/4 cup green olives
* Pinch of salt and pepper
* Remove the rind from the Fourme d'Ambert. Cut the cheese into cubes. Let cheese and butter stand at room temperature for one hour.
* Preheat oven to 400°F. In a salad bowl, blend the cheese and butter with a fork until it becomes a thick cream.
* Add the eggs and stir vigorously. Don’t worry if the mixture is not evenly blended.
* Add flour, baking powder, salt, and a couple of turns of the pepper mill. Mix with a wooden spoon.
* Drain and chop up the green olives. Add them to the mixture and stir well.
* Grease the madeleine pans and put a full teaspoon of butter into each mould. Fill each mould almost to the rim in order to obtain a bump.
* Bake for 15 min. or until golden brown.