* 1 c. fine ground white or yellow cornmeal
* 3/4 c. drained and rinsed canned black beans
* 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. pepper
* 1 c. chicken or vegetable broth, heated to hot
* 1/2 c. (2 oz.) shredded Doux de Montagne
* Oil (for frying)
* Avocado and tomato slices, olives
* In a large bowl, combine cornmeal, beans, cumin, salt and pepper.
* Add chicken broth. Mix until smooth.
* Cool slightly.
* Knead in cheese. Roll dough into a log. Cut dough into 12 equal parts.
* Gently flatten each piece to 1/4" thick.
* Cook dough in hot oil on a griddle or non-stick skillet until lightly browned on both sides.
* Drain on paper towel. Serve with avocado, tomato and olives.