* 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 2 Tbsp. extra dry vermouth or white wine
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tsp. minced ginger
* 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1 lb. sea scallops (16 large)
* 16 strips bacon, raw
* 4 oz. Fol Epi® Cheese, cut into 16 (1/4 oz. ea.) pieces
* 8 sprigs fresh rosemary, 6" each
* In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, vermouth, garlic, ginger, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add scallops. Cover and refrigerate. Marinate at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
* In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until just beginning to pucker. Bacon should be pliable. Do not overcook. Drain on paper towel.
* Strip the leaves off the bottom 4 inches of each rosemary stem. Cut the end to a 45 degree angle, creating a sharp point.
* Slice each scallop about 2/3 of the way through, creating a “pocket”. Insert a piece of Fol Epi® cheese into each pocket. Wrap each scallop with a bacon slice. Thread 2 scallops onto each rosemary stem, being sure to catch both ends of the bacon on the skewer. Wrap the exposed rosemary leaves in aluminum foil.
* Broil or grill scallops for 3 minutes per side, or until scallops are cooked through and bacon is crisp.