* 1 small onion, thinly sliced
* 1 small leek, thinly sliced
* 3 large shallots, thinly sliced
* 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 4 oz. sliced Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2" pieces
* 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
* 1 10-oz. pre-baked thin-crust bread shell, such as Boboli® heavy-duty aluminum foil
* 1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream ground black pepper
* 8 oz. Fol Epi® cheese, shredded (2 cups)
* Preheat gas grill and reduce heat to low.
* In a large skillet over high heat, cook and stir onion, leek and shallots in hot oil until very tender and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add bacon and rosemary, and heat through.
* Place pizza crust onto a doubled sheet of aluminum foil sized to fit the crust. Fold up sides to meet the edges of the crust. (Note: if you are preparing this recipe in the oven, you don’t need the foil.)
* Spread sour cream over top of crust. Sprinkle generously with pepper, and top with Fol Epi® cheese, then the onion mixture.
* If grilling, transport flammekueche to the grill on a baking sheet, then slide it onto the center of the grill rack. If baking, place directly onto the center oven rack. Cook 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and bottom is crisp, being careful not to let the bottom burn.
If using a charcoal grill, preheat and arrange coals around outside edge of grill; if baking, preheat oven to 450°F.
Making Ahead: Prepare the onion-bacon mixture in step 2, and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Assemble and bake pizza as directed above.