* 1/2 loaf (3/4 lb.) multigrain or whole wheat bread, 1/2” cubed (8 cups)
* 6 oz. Fol Epi® Cheese, rind removed and small-cubed (1 1/4 cups)
* 3 Tbsp. Butter
* 1 large stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
* 2 med. (3/4 lb.) cooking apples, such as Rome or Empire, peeled, cored and chopped (2 cups)
* 1 large (3/4 lb.) sweet Vidalia onion, chopped (2 cups)
* 3 links (1/2 lb.) cooked chicken and apple sausages, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
* 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
* 3/4 tsp. dried poultry seasoning
* 1/2 tsp. Salt
* 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
* Preheat oven to 325°F. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until bread is crisp. Place in an extra large bowl to cool 5 minutes. Stir in cheese.
* In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and celery in butter for 6 minutes. Stir in apples and sausage and cook just until apples and vegetables are tender, 6 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in parsley, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss with bread mixture to combine. Add broth and stir until absorbed.
* Stuff into turkey cavity and roast according to our chart on page 15. Makes 9 cups.
* To make as a dressing in a casserole: Increase chicken broth to 1 2/3 cups. Spoon mixture into a buttered casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until heated through and crisp on top.
Food Safety Note:
Keep stuffing separate from turkey until just before roasting. Never refrigerate a stuffed bird.
Make Ahead: Assemble through step 2 up to one day ahead of time and refrigerate.