* 4-5 oz. Emmental cheese (cut into 8 even pieces)
* 1 1/2 lb. pork (8 very thin slices)
* 8 small celery sticks, cleaned and washed
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 2 pinches powdered sugar
* 1 pinch powdered Espelette pepper
* 8 skewers
* To assemble the brochettes, put a stick of Emmental cheese followed by a celery stick onto each skewer.
* Roll the meat and tie each roll with a string. Push a skewer lengthwise through the center of each roll.
Marinate the brochettes:
* Place the brochettes in a shallow dish and pour soy sauce over them. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar and pepper. Marinate for 30 min.
* Drain marinade from the brochettes before cooking them for 7 - 8 minutes either in a frying pan or in a hot oven. Do not use any cooking grease.
* Remove the string from the meat and serve the melted Emmental brochettes on a bed of slightly sweetened crushed tomatoes.