* 3 large red or yellow peppers, cut into sixths
* 3 small baby eggplants, cut lengthwise into
* 1/2" slices
* 1/2 lb. medium asparagus spears, trimmed
* 2 cups pitted Kalamata or mixed imported olives
* 2 Tbsp. capers
* 1 small clove garlic
* 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
* 1/4 cup extra- virgin olive oil
* 1 lb. Saint Albray® cheese, well chilled
* 6 6" ciabatta rolls, halved and toasted
* 1 1/2 oz. baby spinach leaves (about 3 cups)
* Place St. Albray® cheese in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Meanwhile, oil grill rack or grill pan and heat to medium-high. Grill vegetables, turning frequently, until tender, about 10-12 minutes for peppers and eggplant, and 6-8 minutes for asparagus.
* Meanwhile, make the tapénade: In a food processor, chop olives, capers, garlic and lemon peel; add oil and process to a coarse paste. Remove rind from cheese and cut into 18 slices. Spread 2 Tbsp. olive tapénade onto bottom of each roll, then layer with peppers, eggplant, spinach, cheese and asparagus. Serve immediately.
* You can store any remaining tapénade for up to a week in the refrigerator, and use it to garnish soups or salads, or on crackers as a snack.
* Not in the mood to grill? You can often find grilled vegetables in the deli section or even on the salad bar at your local supermarket. If your supermarket has an olive bar, you might also find a variety of imported pitted olives for the tapénade.