* 8 oz. Saint Albray (1/2 lb.)
* 11/2 lb. bintje potatoes
* 1 1/2 bunches of broccoli (or 6 cups flowerets)
* 3 carrots
* 6 oz. heel of pale ham (1/3 lb.)
* 1/2 bunch of parsley
* Coarse salt and pepper
* Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel the potatoes and cut into 1" square cubes. Peel the carrots and cut into rounds.
* Remove the stems of the broccoli and cut remainder into flowerets.
* Boil potatoes, carrots and broccoli together in salted water. Let cool for 15 min.
* While vegetables are cooling, cut the ham into small cubes. Drain the vegetables and pour into a gratin dish. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add the ham morsels and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Remove the rind from the Saint Albray and cut the cheese into strips. Layer cheese over the vegetable and ham mixture, and bake for 5 min.