Home Recipes from our Members
* 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
* 4 leeks, light green and white parts only, chopped
* 1 lb. mixed mushrooms (wild or cultivated), sliced
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 1/2 cups good chicken stock
* 1 tablespoon dry Sherry
* 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 3 tablespoons heavy cream
* 6 oz. Ile de France goat cheese (chevre)
* 1 lb. asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
* 1/2 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
* 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of 17.3-ounce package), thawed
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the leeks and mushrooms and saute until the leek is translucent, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the flour, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
Slowly add the stock, Sherry, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the heavy cream and goat cheese, season to taste. The sauce should be highly seasoned. Stir in the asparagus and the parsley. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Divide the filling equally among 4 ovenproof bowls. Unfold puff pastry onto work surface; roll out to 12-inch square. Cut into 4 equal squares. Top filling in bowls with pastry; fold edges down onto rims of dish. Bake until crusts are golden brown and filling is heated through, about 25 minutes.
You can also make one large pot pie. Place the filling in a 9-inch-diameter deep-dish pie dish. Set the 12-inch pastry square over the filling, then fold down the edges onto the rim. Baking time will still be about 25 minutes.