Home Recipes from our Members
* 4 Ounces Ile de France Garlic & Fine Herbs goat cheese
* 3 Ounces Ile de France Boursault Cheese
* 1 Large Egg
* 2 Ounces All-Purpose Flour
* Kosher Salt/freshly ground pepper, to taste
* 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
* 1 Shallot, peeled and minced
* 4 Slices Serrano Ham, julienned
* 4 Ounces cleaned Morel Mushrooms
* 1 Cup White Port
* 1 Cup Whipping Cream
* Kosher Salt/white pepper, to taste
* 1 Tablespoon aged Basalmic Vinegar
* 1 Tablespoon Walnut Oil
* 4 green figs, pitted, julienned
* 2 Ounces Spring Pea Tendrils
* 2 Ounces Mesclun or Spring mixed Greens
For the dumplings:
* Combine all the ingredients in a processor bowl; pulse to form a dough (the dough will be soft). Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover and let it rest and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
* Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil over high heat; reduce the heat and maintain a simmer. Using two teaspoons, shape the dumplings into small quenelles and gently drop them into the simmering water. Note; Vegetable broth can be used instead of water, if desired). Poach the dumplings for two minutes, check to see the center is fully cooked. Remove the dumplings with a slotted spoon and shock in ice water. Drain on paper towels. Repeat for all the dumplings and reserve.
For the morels:
* Heat the oil in a saute pan; saute the shallot until translucent, stirring frequently over medium heat. Add the Sorrano ham and saute until golden brown.
* Add the morels and saute stirring gently until mushrooms begin to give up their liquid; deglaze with white port and reduce until almost dry. Stir in the cream , reduce the heat, and simmer until sauce thickens. Season with salt/pepper, and keep warm.
For the fig salad:
* Mix the vinegar with the oil and season. * Just before serving mix the julienned figs, pea tendrils and greens with the vinaigrette.
* Return the pan with the morels to the heat and simmer. Gently add the dumplings and simmer until heated through. Spoon the dumplings into shallow bowls and spoon some morels and sauce in the center.
* Arrange a bouquet of fig salad on top. Serve and ENJOY!!