Home Recipes from our Members
* 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
* 1 TBS butter
* 4 oz. thin Spring asparagus, (tough woody bottoms trimmed and discarded) roughly chopped
* 4 oz mixed mushrooms (whatever’s available, such as oyster, baby Portobello, shitake, etc.) roughly chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp Chipotle chili powder
* 1/8 TSP freshly ground pepper
* 4 frozen mini baguettes
* 1 roasted red pepper (jarred is fine), sliced into strips
* 1/2 7.7 ounce Ile de France Brie
Heat the olive oil and butter together in a large pan over medium heat. Sautee the vegetables (except the roasted red pepper) and seasonings together until the onions are translucent and asparagus stems are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, bake the mini-baguettes according to package directions (about 8 minutes at 400 degrees).
Slice baked baguettes lengthwise, spoon veggies onto the bottom halves, and arrange the red pepper strips over the veggies. Brush the top halves of the baguettes with a little additional olive oil.
Slice the brie and arrange slices on the top halves of the baguettes.
Place all of the baguette halves onto a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil, and place pan under the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Top the veggie halves with the cheesy halves and enjoy!