Home Recipes from our Members
* 2 tbs. Olive oil
* 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
* 1 medium green or yellow pepper, roughly chopped
* 4 ounces Mushrooms (any variety) sliced
* 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
* 1 6 ounce bag baby spinach
* 1 roasted red pepper (can be jarred), roughly diced
* 1 16 ounce bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
* 8 eggs (or 4 eggs plus 1 cup liquid egg substitute)
* 2 cups milk
* 1 tsp. Salt
* 1/2 tsp. Pepper
* 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
* 1 7.7 ounce Ile de France Brie (cold)
Sautee onions, mushrooms, garlic and peppers in olive oil over medium heat until soft, and onions are translucent. Add spinach, and continue cooking until wilted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, add roasted red peppers and stir until combined.
Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray and spread hash browns to cover the bottom of the dish evenly.
Cut the Brie (which should be cold) in half and put one half back in the refrigerator. Cut the other half into small cubes (no need to trim off the rind) and mix in with the vegetables. Cover the hash browns with the vegetable /cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and pour over the vegetable/cheese mixture. Refrigerate overnight or a minimum of 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the remaining half Brie thinly (again, no need to trim off the rind) and arrange on the top of the casserole. Bake for 50 - 60 minutes. Top should be browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.