* 4 thick slices of cured ham
* 6 oz. Saint Albray (approximately 1/3 lb.)
* 3 cups cooked lentils
* 2 green onions
* 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
* 2 Tbsp. olive oil
* 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
* Salt, pepper
* Pour the lentils into a mixing bowl. Add chopped green onions and parsley.
* In another bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, a dash of pepper and 1 Tbsp. lukewarm water. Beat with a fork to emulsify, and then add to lentils and mix well. Remove the rind of the Saint Albray, and cut cheese into small cubes. Add to the lentil mixture.
* Lay each slice of ham on a plate. Put approximately 2 Tbsp. of lentil salad into the center of each slice, and bring the outer edges of the slice up to form the “purse”. Tie the purse together with a strand of raffia or chive.
* Spread the remaining salad around the ham purses.