Home Recipes from our Members
* One 7.7 ounce round of Ile De France Camembert Cheese, cut into long slices
* 4 Onion Rolls
* 2 Macintosh Apples cut into thin slices
* 1 large White Onion, cut into thin rounds
* 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
* 2 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
* Pepper to taste
* In a large skillet, place 3 tablespoons of the butter and 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat and allow it to melt and meld together. Place the onions and apples into the warmed butter and oil mixture and saute until browned (approximately 10 minutes).
* While onions and apples are cooking, slice the rolls in half and place the long slices of cheese on one half. * Add salt and pepper to the onions and apples and allow to cook for one minute.
* When it has finished browning, scoop 1/4 of the fruit and onion mixture on top of the cheese on each sandwich. * Place the skillet back on the heat and add the remaining tablespoon of butter and oil. Close the top of the sandwich with the other half of the roll.
* Place the sandwiches face down into the skillet and press them down with a plate to grill.
* Once one side is browned (approximately 2-3 minutes), flip the sandwich and repeat pressing down with the plate.
* Remove the sandwiches and place on a plate.
Cut in half