* In a large glass or plastic bowl, combine hot water, vanilla, sugar, salt and pepper; stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
* Add cold water, pork; marinate at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours.
* Discard brine and cut a deep pocket into each chop.
* Combine the Brie au Bleu, figs and walnuts; stuff into chops.
* Secure with toothpicks. Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
* Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and cook pork until browned on both sides; 3 to 4 minutes.
* Transfer to a baking pan and bake until pork is just slightly pink inside; 15 to 20 minutes.
* Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in skillet and sauté shallots until softened; 2 to 3 minutes.
* Add the pomegranate juice and bring to a boil. Boil until reduced to 1/2 cup; about 5 minutes.
* Add the chicken broth and lime juice and cook until slightly thickened; 3 to 4 minutes; stir in the salt.
* Spoon glaze over pork chops and garnish with lime. Makes 4 servings.